What happened?!?!?!?! We were informed today that we hadn't written a blog post since Friday! Oopsy!! So here are some highlights from the week.
- We created artist statements about our Norval Morrisseau styled pieces.
- In Math, we practiced breaking numbers down into the tens and ones. For example: 46 is 40+6.
- We used our knowledge of breaking down numbers to solve a math problem about Halloween Candy.
- We experimented with water and different materials to see what held water and what didn't.
- We looked at the Inuit culture and made observations about the people, land and animals.
- We read an Inuit Legend about a little girl helping a Polar Bear.
- Today we had a special musical presentation from Calum Graham. He is a singer and guitar player. He showed us three different guitars. Our favorite was the harp guitar. He has some videos up on YouTube if you would like to take a look
- Today we had a fire drill.
It's been a busy week! Remember that tomorrow afternoon is the Halloween Howl. Students are able to wear their costumes on Monday!
Now everyone is all caught up :)
The Grade Twos